HOW EXACTLY DOES A CAR BATTERY WORK?
The car battery provides the jolt of electricity necessary to power all the electrical components in your vehicle. Talk about a pretty huge responsibility. Without battery power, your car, as you’ve probably noticed, won’t start.
HOW TO CLEAN FOR YOUR CAR BATTERY TERMINALS?
If your car battery is corroded, not enough electricity can be passed to the terminals and through the cables to power your car’s electrical system for optimum performance. You can clean away corrosion with a few simple steps.
How to Jump-Start a Car
1. Park both cars in neutral next to each other so that they’re close but not touching. Open the bonnet; the jump lead should be able to reach both vehicles.
2. Connect the first end of the RED positive lead to the positive terminal on the working battery. Do the same for the other end of the lead for the flat battery.
TIPS ON HOW TO MAINTAIN & PROLONG THE LIFE OF YOUR CAR BATTERY
1. Keep the battery terminals clean and inspect regularly (i.e. monthly) for corrosion.
2. Run your car before you drive. Try to keep your car running for several minutes before operating the car accessories and the vehicle itself, allow the battery to get topped off by the alternator which produces electricity and as a by-product charges the car battery after voltage drops in the battery.
WHAT CAUSES OF A WEAK CAR BATTERY?
There are several causes, which can cause weakening of car battery.
• Massive use of battery power for lightning, air-conditioning, music system can make your battery weak.
• Rash driving.